The world is now shifting from fossil-based economy to bio-based economy. In order to play an important role in this new emerging era, a massive expansion in education, research and development capacity in areas related to bio-based processing technology is in immediate need to initiate. We need also to start to develop processes supporting the transition from the fossil based economy to bio-based economy.
Regional Conference on Biotechnology is the AUN/SEED-Net forum for the presentation of new advances and research results in the fields of Biotechnology. The conference will bring together leading researchers, engineers and scientists from academic and research institutes as well as from industries. All intellectuals both inside and outside AUN/SEED-Net network are welcome to contribute to this regional conference academically and practically.
Objective of this conference are:
- To review, discuss and design annual implementation plan for various AUN/SEED-Net activities in each field/common issue.
- To publish research progress and outputs of the collaborative research in each field/common issue.
- To share recent research trend, experiences and research work among academicians, industry, community, and policy makers; and discuss future direction of collaborative research in each field/common issue.
- To collect the most updated technology and research in each field/common issue and to disseminate the knowledge among the experts and researchers.
- To strengthen the relationship among Member Institutions (MIs), Japan Supporting Universities (JSUs), industry, community, and policy makers
Full paper submission deadline: 7 January 2013
Conference: 23-24 January 2013
Aston Tropicana Hotel Bandung
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Bioproduct and Biomaterials
- Food Technology
- Biomass and Bioenergy
- Waste Biotreatment
- Other Topic on Biotechnology
- Prof. Dr. Yasunori TANJI, Department of Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology (TIT)
- Prof. Dr. Shiro SAKA, Kyoto University
- DR Detlef Maennig, Vice President Bio Economy Evonik Industries AG-Germany
- Dr. Tatang Hernas Soerawidjaja, Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Marice Hutapea, Director of Bioenergy, Directorate General of New Energy, Renowable and Energy Conservation
The registration fee includes welcome reception, conference sessions, proceeding book & CD-ROM and refreshment. One registration is required for each paper submitted. Participants from AUN/SEED-Net network are exempt from registration fee
Student USD 100
Regular USD 200
Student IDR 400.000
Regular IDR 750.000
The participants who have any queries please feel free to contact:
Dr. Ardiyan Harimawan
The 5th AUN/SEED-Net Regional Conference on Biotechnology Secretariate
Department of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Industrial Technology, Institut Teknologi Bandung
Address: Gedung Labtek X Kampus ITB, Jl. Ganesha 10, Bandung 40132
Phone: +62 22 2500989 ext. 332 / +62 853 5126 7975
Fax : +62 22 2501438
For more information, please follow the link: http://rcbio5.webs.com/